I know what you non-militant folks are thinking about the Marines. “Man! What they do is so hard-core! I could never do something like that!” You’d be surprised. The only hard-core thing I did was hard-core police calling (pick up trash) and hard-core skating (aka “my phone was out of power”).
What you see about the Marines in television, movies and other forms of media is only just a small view of it. There is a 99% chance that You will not do any of that shit. But 100% of Marine recruits believe that they will be that 1%. That leaves 99% of Marines disappointed. Oh well.
Being disappointed since 1775.