Before you read this site:
- This site’s mission is to present a brutally honest picture of the current state of the United States Marine Corps.
- The opinions shared on this website are those of the people who write them. Please do not associate what somebody may say with everyone else that is here. There are a very diverse set of opinions on this website.
- I, the creator of this website, do not hate the Marine Corps. I want to fix it.
- Questions To Ask Your Recruiter
- How To Get Out Of The DEP (Delayed Entry Program)
- How To Get Out Of Boot Camp (And MCT/SOI)
- How To Get Out Of The Marine Corps
- How To Request Mast
- Things that are wrong with the Marine Corps. The Master List
- Marine Corps Times report on iHateTheUSMC
- Be polite towards others on this site: Personal “attacks” on others do nothing except make you look foolish.
- No “Trolling”: Legitimate questions, comments, personal experiences, etc are all welcome. However, posts that lack substance or that were made specifically to elicit a negative response will not be tolerated. Trolls will be banished.
- Respect OPSEC: If this applies to you (currently enlisted, commissioned, contract civilian, etc, etc) abide by it. The MODS will delete comments that fail to uphold OPSEC
- You are allowed to post anonymously here: Please do so if you feel the need to. You can do so by using a fake email and fake name in the comment section. Example: Name “USMCdude” Email “email@example.com”
As the types of potential issues to be found in the Marine Corps are myriad, we will generally not place restrictions on the possible topics of discussion. That said, some topics simply do not contribute to the mission of this site in any way. The following topics of discussion serve only to derail conversations and will not be tolerated:
- Conspiracy Theories: Aliens, Area 51, the “9/11 Truth” movement and such other conspiracies have no bearing on whether or not the Marine Corps is living up to its reputation as an elite organization.
- “Anti-Government” Content: Except insofar as the actions of the U.S. government directly impact the function of the Marine Corps, anti-government posts do not contribute to the mission of the site. (i.e. Posts about a militarized police force are irrelevant to the mission of this site.) However, criticisms of the U.S. government may be relevant in raising questions about possible safeguards that could be put in place to prevent abuse of military power by government officials.
We understand that “censorship” is a dirty word in most of the world today, that said, you have the entire internet to talk about conspiracy theories and political revolutions. While on this site, please limit conversation to relevant topics.